Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Artist Residency awarded by the SC State Parks System


I am honored to be a recipient of a 2014 SC State Parks System Artist Residency. For a week artists-in-residence have the opportunity to pursue their artistic endeavors staying at one of the state's beautiful state parks. I'll be writing poems, as well as taking field notes while on hikes, at Hickory Knob State Park. My sincere gratitude to the South Carolina State Park System for this opportunity. 

In return, I am to frame a poem I write during the residency and donate it to the Park System for them to display in one of the cabins or elsewhere on the property. As one who loves to write about the natural world, I am looking forward to every moment of my residency!

Week of Oct. 24-31
Hickory Knob State Park
McCormick, SC
Artist residency

No comments: