Saturday, December 26, 2009

SC state parks Artist-in-Residence Program

The South Carolina State Parks system notified me earlier this week that I've been selected for their 2010 Artist-in-Residence program. Very exciting news! My week-long residency will be at Oconee State Park, Mountain Rest, the third week in May. After living in a cabin there for the week--exploring the park and spending time writing about its flora and fauna--I'll turn in a framed poem to be hung somewhere in one of the cabins or other facility on their grounds. I was told that only one poet was selected for 2010, and I'm honored to be that poet.

2 comments:

Valerienieman said...

Congrats!
I'm just getting my blog active again and linked to yours - happy to see the news about the parks residency!

Susan Laughter Meyers said...

Thanks, Val. I just linked to your blog.