Sunday, October 20, 2013

Nov. 8: The Poetry Society of SC -- Reading

I'm honored to have been invited to read for the November program of The Poetry Society of South Carolina, and how I'm looking forward to it. In fact, this is my local book launch, my first reading here from My Dear, Dear Stagger Grass. I'm especially delighted to be reading that evening with Norris Aubrey Moore, author of Cause We've Ended as Children. Aubrey and I met when she was a senior in high school at the Charleston County School of the Arts, and I was her mentor for the senior thesis. Here are the details about the reading:

NORRIS AUBREY MOORE & SUSAN LAUGHTER MEYERS
Reading for The Poetry Society of SC
Friday, November 8
7 p.m.
Charleston Library Society
164 King Street, Charleston, SC
Book signing & reception following the reading
Free & open to the public
______________________

Norris Aubrey Moore is a junior at the College of Charleston majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. She graduated from the School of the Arts, where she also majored in Creative Writing and received a National Gold from the Scholastic Writing Awards. She published her poetry collection Cause We’ve Ended as Children in 2011 and intends to further her studies in poetry by working toward an MFA degree.

No comments: